Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby 91C02920 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 am

I have an IQ unit from a US Caprice (in a Caprice) and I was able to unlock the Driving Lockouts for Phone and Navigation by programing it with GM SPS and using a vin from a Brazilian Chevy Omega, apparently they are not locked out in Brazil, and then after it was programed, changing the vin on the eprom to my vin. (note: of course I don't have nav, but the driving lockout is select-able for it).

Is there a region where DVD isn't locked out from the factory and I could use the same method to program with a vin from that region to unlock that also?
91C02920
Newbie Modder

Postby GXP25 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Anyone?
GXP25
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:17 pm

GXP25 wrote:Anyone?

I dont believe its something anyone has worked on. Its not something requested highly either.
TazzI

Postby GXP25 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 am

TazzI wrote:
GXP25 wrote:Anyone?

I dont believe its something anyone has worked on. Its not something requested highly either.

Thank you for the reply.

Surely someone knows where in the face plate EEPROM that these two values need to be swapped.

The reason behind this is due to the LHD vs. RHD seating. It would really just simplify things if I could get these changed. Especially since I plan on going into the face plate to replace the LCD and add a capacitive touch screen overlay.
GXP25
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

Its easy to say "surely someones figured it out", but finding specific things can take thousands of attempts/flashing and 100's of hours. Which is why alot of peoples works is not disclosed publicly either due to the time invested.

Generally things are worked out by comparing two eeproms, where one has the desired setup and the other does not. Your situation is the less favorable one, where youll need to trial and error random locations to see what changes and hope to stumble across what your after (If its even possible).
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Yes, the master and slave HVAC dial can be swapped for LHD (only tested on IQ though). I don't know the EEPROM location sorry as I do I via CAN bus, so it wont be any help to you.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Ruley » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:46 am

Hi all,
Hopefully you can all help me out. I've been doing a lot of research and reading and I was wondering if I start flashing the A2 block(DID) on the IQ(through the can bus) trying to enable things like RSE, DVD, & Reverse cam amongst some other things is there any chance of bricking the IQ or making it unusable. Or is that completely the wrong block of data to be modifying to enable those things
Cheers Ruley
Ruley
Kicking Tyres

Postby Ruley » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:42 am

Ruley wrote:Hi all,
Hopefully you can all help me out. I've been doing a lot of research and reading and I was wondering if I start flashing the A2 block(DID) on the IQ(through the can bus) trying to enable things like RSE, DVD, & Reverse cam amongst some other things is there any chance of bricking the IQ or making it unusable. Or is that completely the wrong block of data to be modifying to enable those things
Cheers Ruley

I now have it so I can enable or disable EDI using nothing more than an Arduino mega and a seeedstudio CAN shield. So now I either need to find a car with the options enabled I want and read the data or get a tech2 to program the IQ and sniff the data

https://youtu.be/BEMbLSa9eeY
Ruley
Kicking Tyres

Postby GXP25 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 am

TazzI wrote:Its easy to say "surely someones figured it out", but finding specific things can take thousands of attempts/flashing and 100's of hours. Which is why alot of peoples works is not disclosed publicly either due to the time invested.

Generally things are worked out by comparing two eeproms, where one has the desired setup and the other does not. Your situation is the less favorable one, where youll need to trial and error random locations to see what changes and hope to stumble across what your after (If its even possible).

I tend to spend a lot of my own time on things and help people out (my online posting history proves this on other forums) without seeking anything in return.

Either way, I understand this issue 100% in this situation due to the request.

jezzab wrote:Yes, the master and slave HVAC dial can be swapped for LHD (only tested on IQ though). I don't know the EEPROM location sorry as I do I via CAN bus, so it wont be any help to you.

Thanks for the information.

I'm slowly trying to work at 11-bit for this very reason, among some others.

If I could ask a favor, would you mind making the change on a series 1 head unit and see if it works? That way I at least won't be wasting my time. I understand you've tested it on an IQ unit.

Of course if you have some extra time and a series 1 head unit lying around.
GXP25
Kicking Tyres

Postby GXP25 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:23 am

Ruley wrote:
Ruley wrote:Hi all,
Cheers Ruley

I now have it so I can enable or disable EDI using nothing more than an Arduino mega and a seeedstudio CAN shield. So now I either need to find a car with the options enabled I want and read the data or get a tech2 to program the IQ and sniff the data

https://youtu.be/BEMbLSa9eeY

Good job figuring that out!
GXP25
Kicking Tyres

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts