Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby jezzab » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Ok so the LY7, MV5, 4 Dr SWB Sedan, FE2, ESP configuration is correct bar the VIN typo which wont cause it to fault visually. And the S2 IPC will pull the VIN on keyon from the BCM anyway so its irrelevant.

The bin file should be fine in your car. If you were testing and playing and had the config wrong the EBCM can log a fault (System Configuration Wrong) and cause it to ESP/ABS fault and need to be cleared (A history DTC can trip it).
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Pavi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:43 pm

jezzab wrote:Ok so the LY7, MV5, 4 Dr SWB Sedan, FE2, ESP configuration is correct bar the VIN typo which wont cause it to fault visually. And the S2 IPC will pull the VIN on keyon from the BCM anyway so its irrelevant.

The bin file should be fine in your car. If you were testing and playing and had the config wrong the EBCM can log a fault (System Configuration Wrong) and cause it to ESP/ABS fault and need to be cleared (A history DTC can trip it).

Thank u so much jezzab
I will try to cleared the code and let u know, how I go
Thanx again I really appreciate that
Pavi
Starting Ignition

Postby Pavi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Hello jezzab I have tried that but it goes away for 10seconds and come back but the abs still there and stability fault
Pavi
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:31 am

Try this. No idea what the KM are. Its based off your first upload of the read out of the cluster. You have chopped and changed out of another cluster into this one. Not working off the original. Just curious if the configuration is an issue (which it shouldnt be) or you have corrupted the EEPROM as there is a slightly different layout with the later VDO ones
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Ruley » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Pavi wrote:And sorry to ask u but how u go with urs did u get urs working or not yet

No luck yet, I haven't touched it in a couple weeks but. Not really sure what approach to take next, info is pretty hard to come by for the series 2 clusters unfortunately. It seems like it will be something small stopping it from working. Just says it needs to be programmed but all my configs are set and ODO set(well right as of a few weeks ago).
Ruley
Kicking Tyres

Postby Pavi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Ruley wrote:
Pavi wrote:And sorry to ask u but how u go with urs did u get urs working or not yet

No luck yet, I haven't touched it in a couple weeks but. Not really sure what approach to take next, info is pretty hard to come by for the series 2 clusters unfortunately. It seems like it will be something small stopping it from working. Just says it needs to be programmed but all my configs are set and ODO set(well right as of a few weeks ago).

I have tried my series 2 cluster in 2009 ve sv6 and that car has black back cluster. So I copy the codes from his car to series 2 cluster and all works good
In ur car I don't think so it will have any problem
Pavi
Starting Ignition

Postby Pavi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:21 pm

But I have no luck with my car 2008
Pavi
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Pavi wrote:But I have no luck with my car 2008

So you tested the BIN file I uploaded? If it didnt work you either arnt telling me something or the original BIN file you uploaded from the S2 cluster was NOT from that cluster or already been adulterated.

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Pavi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:36 pm

That's all I have only 1 cluster which is series 2 and I m not hiding anything bro yesterday evening I tested the file u send me but did not work and then my mate has a sv6 2009 his cars vin started from AL and his car has a black back cluster and I thought try this cluster may be cluster has a fault but it worked fine on his car I jus change the codes and it works fine in his car, and today I jus got 10mins time off from work and I reply
I really thankful to u bcoz at least I m with someone who is helping a lot people without asking any thing
Good on u mate
Pavi
Starting Ignition

Postby Pavi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am

Ruley wrote:

Hi ruley
I thing I nutted out ur problem of not programmed if u will send me ur email then I will send u the bin file and try it
Fingers crossed
Pavi
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts