Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE HSV Triple Pod Gauge - Changing LED Illumination

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby ZerOne » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 pm

The following forum thread is for discussing the VE HSV Triple Pod Gauge - Changing LED Illumination document, located in our Documents section.

Please try to keep posts relevant, and on topic.
Also, please refrain from using the P.M. system to message the author or posters of this thread.
The chances are if you have a question regarding this document, then others will have the same question too.
Using the Forum allows anyone and everyone to both ask and answer questions.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby bushbasha » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey guys thought id post in here some extras that i found weren't in the how to for people that are after it. (hope that's ok Matti?)

Removing the HSV Pod assembly from the Vehicle:

you need to remove the demister grill, pull it up and it will release the clips, the sun light sensor will still be attached, grab the bottom of the sensor give it a turn (will turn easy) and remove out.

Next from the back pull up on the speaker grill being careful as there a flaps on the front which are easy to break. there's 5 clips that need to release.

then there is 4 screws for the Gauge pod, two in the top and two at the bottom behind the trim. once all screws are out its a bit fiddly to pull out you might have to lower the glove box slight as i had to. once it is free pull up and out, keeping in mind the wiring is still connected.

***Also the nuts on the canbus brackets are 7mm. With the disassembling of the Gauges, there are 4 tabs on the black outer ring not three. and before you start pushing out on the connector to remove the gauge internals make sure the Torx screws are removed (doesnt say it in the How to)

now some questions on my own someone can answer, removing the needle, it feels like its going to break, is there any special tricks or just keep prying up? while stuffing around with the gauges, the needles move, do they have to be exactly the way you pulled the need off or are they self centering?? for example the volts one, sits on 8, it it goes back together at 12, will it sit back at 8 or stay at 12 and be 4 volts out?
bushbasha
Kicking Tyres

Postby bushbasha » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm also wondering and I have only just noticed since I have pulled it apart, that my logos don't light up anymore. it surely can't be a coincidence would it? I only disassembled one gauge the others stayed intact but I obviously did unplug wiring, surely tho if the gauges are working as seems to be normal, the needles and numbering lights up just not the logo. what can I check for that?

also to add to my previous post, removing the gauge pod from its location I said to pull it straight up, that is wrong, the bottom needs to lift out as there are location pins near the screws and you don't want to snap them off
bushbasha
Kicking Tyres

Postby 07GTS » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 pm

the pointers are not self zeroing and will need to be powered up to find there zero point which would be good to note down before u take them apart, also i have noticed mine dont have the logo illuminated and mine hasnt been changed from factory so i can say they dont light up...
07GTS
Newbie Modder

Postby nodgey » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:37 am

Hi I have a HSV Clubsport E2, 2010, I want to change the triple pods because the volts gauge is flickering , I noticed this is a common fault with these cars, so I am going to replace all 3.
I had a quick look and it,s the 2 piece system, what I mean is the gauge pod comes away from the stereo fascia which is separate, different to the E3 which is a 1 piece system so the gauge pod and stereo plastic fascia is one unit. Mine should be a little easier and less head aches because it is a 2 piece system, can anyone who has done this on this model E2 give me details how to do it and if possible some photos on the locations of the screws and brackets and do you have to lower or remove the glovebox, passenger and drivers side trims,also the lower drivers trim.
thanks
nodgey
Newbie Modder

Postby EddieSSkash » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:03 am

I am looking for a electric temperature sender for an AC England temperature gauge circa 1968. What cars were the Ac gauges used in?

Thanks

Bob
EddieSSkash
Starting Ignition

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts