Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Changing Spark Plugs and Leads for VE Commodores

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby ZerOne » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:33 am

The following forum thread is for discussing the Accessing the Changing Spark Plugs and Leads for VE Commodores document, located in our Documents section.

Please try to keep posts relevant, and on topic.
Also, please refrain from using the P.M. system to message the author or posters of this thread.
The chances are if you have a question regarding this document, then others will have the same question too.
Using the Forum allows anyone and everyone to both ask and answer questions.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Werdna » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi, I took a look at my plugs the other week - having only done 30K, and they look as worn as the set shown in your photo that have done 100K.
Is this normal, and, should I replace them?
Werdna
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

At 30,000Kms, they should be fine...
To be honest, I didnt notice any difference when I changed my plugs and leads.
(The only reason why I changed them was I had just bought the car, and I didnt have much to go on with its service history)...
It had been serviced by dealers up until 70,000Kms, and then after that by private mechanics....
So I thought it best to replace them just in case they had never been replaced...

But as I said, I didnt notice any difference when they were changed....

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums :)
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Warnererank » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 am

Just bought two sets of NGK - BUR6ET spark plugs for ВЈ8.00 per set in store at Halfords BPR6ES were ВЈ5.00 per set in store, unfortunately none left / ВЈ9.00 on line.
Warnererank
Newbie Modder

Postby EddieSSkash » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm

I would run iridiums just based on the fact that changing spark plugs on these vehicles is a bit more work than a lot of other vehicles.
EddieSSkash
Starting Ignition

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts