Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Accessing the Hidden Audio Service Mode for VE Commodores

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby ZerOne » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 am

The following forum thread is for discussing the Accessing the Hidden Audio Service Mode for VE Commodores document, located in our Documents section.

Please try to keep posts relevant, and on topic.
Also, please refrain from using the P.M. system to message the author or posters of this thread.
The chances are if you have a question regarding this document, then others will have the same question too.
Using the Forum allows anyone and everyone to both ask and answer questions.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby ExplicitRSA » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Need help with series 2 headunit (Holden IQ), is there a way to enable Video in Motion, create a custom start up screen, and connect an aftermarket gps module?, also I want to create a bluetooth module to communicate/switch the touchscreen to use smart phone, is there a service code for the series 2, or could most of the above be done by reprogramming EEPROM?

TIA
ExplicitRSA
Newbie Modder

Postby Morris70 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Here's some more hidden modes:

Left track + right disc + power on will display the Headunit and CD changer software versions

Left track + left disc + power on puts the radio into tuner alignment mode

right track + left disc + power on puts the radio into road test mode
Morris70
Contributor

Postby g8carl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Learning how to enter Service Mode was very helpful. I was surprised to see there was no way to set the date display. Here in the USA, dates are usually written and displayed month day year. I much prefer day month year. My radio currently shows "Monday, April 8th 2013". Is there any way to change it to display as "Monday, 8th April 2013"? I am sure I have seen that in photos of Holdens.

thx

c
g8carl
Newbie Modder

Postby Morris70 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm

My VE displays it as day, month, year, and I don't think there's any way to change it in the settings.
The only way to swap it might be to change the headunit software from G8 to VE

time_date.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morris70
Contributor

Postby silversv6 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 am

Hey guy's, my SII SV6 IQ does not have "disc" button, it has a "folder" button which does nothing when doing the above procedure.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby ZerOne » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Yeah, unfortunately the information above is for the Series I Head units, so the button combination will not work on the later IQ head units.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby DanielTorJJ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:03 am

Maybe it is set up for 5.1 and you only have stereo speakers or something like that???
DanielTorJJ
Newbie Modder

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts