Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

PUBLIC: Holden VY/VZ Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby riddler2608 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm

since im playing around is there any areas that are unknown? Then I can look more around those areas and we can get this whole eeprom data worked out?
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm

riddler2608 wrote:im going to make up a mode button for my test rig can anyone please tell me what the resistance is for each of the buttons.(ie mode, set, up, down)that would be greatly appreciated .

Never actually measured, Id assume it be easiest grabbing the mode/set buttons from wreckers and wiring them in?

riddler2608 wrote:since im playing around is there any areas that are unknown? Then I can look more around those areas and we can get this whole eeprom data worked out?

Ah, the "main" bits needed to reprogram a cluster are in that excel sheet, so base the unknown locations off that.

Some locations you can change and see no effects, can be because they need to be set to a specific value in order for something to change or because they are simply calibration numbers/software versions which dont change anything.
TazzI

Postby sszls1 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm

2 X VZ Bins attached:

1) My VZ LVL1 SS dash (but I have changed VIN#)
Used VZ LVL1 Cluster 148123km.bin

2) A New VZ LVL2 AWD that has been plugged into a car and powered on but not programmed with Tech2. (basically just 00 and FF filled in the bin)
New Virgin VZ LVL2 Cluster.bin

I also have put together an Excel spreadsheet for VZ's that I could upload, I will wait for advice from a Moderator/Admin before posting it up. I have identified locations for:

ODO Reading (KM)
PPK (Speedo Calibration)
PPR (Tacho Calibration)
Fuel Tank Sender Ohms
Next Service (KM)
Last Service (KM)
Serial #
GM Part Number
Service Interval (KM)
Year of Manufacture
VIN
Fuel Tank Calibration #
Fuel Tank Calibration Litres (X2)
Fuel Tank Capacity (X2)
Likely Temperature Gauge Calibration
Likely LED Brightness
Police Mode
SRS (Airbag) Config
Auto/Manual
Fuel Gauge Calibration (L x2)
Likely Overspeed Settings
RPM settings per gear for shift light (multiply by 50 = RPM)
Likely Rest Reminder
Likely Build Date
Likely Custom Text

Those listed as "Likely" I have not tested but I'm fairly confident they are correct.

Cheers
Jamie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sszls1
Newbie Modder

Postby VL400 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:04 am

Great work on all this cluster modding :D Have been playing around with a VY with lots of help from Tazzi, attached is a VY level 3 series 2 bin before it got massaged for my VL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VL400
Newbie Modder

Postby VL400 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 am

riddler2608 wrote:hi guys
im going to make up a mode button for my test rig can anyone please tell me what the resistance is for each of the buttons.(ie mode, set, up, down)that would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks Aaron

Prob already got this sorted but you need the following..
UP: 3.4V = 10K
Down: 2.57V = 4.7K
Mode: 4.09V = 20K
Set: 4.51V = 40K
VL400
Newbie Modder

Postby vpgts076 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi Guys / Girls,

been following this thread for a while a finally managed to extract a bin out of my cluster.

It is a
VZ Executive
208,850 KMS
V6
Auto...

Enjoy.

Thanks
Daniel
vpgts076
Kicking Tyres

Postby vpgts076 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:32 pm

VL400 wrote:
riddler2608 wrote:hi guys
im going to make up a mode button for my test rig can anyone please tell me what the resistance is for each of the buttons.(ie mode, set, up, down)that would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks Aaron

Prob already got this sorted but you need the following..
UP: 3.4V = 10K
Down: 2.57V = 4.7K
Mode: 4.09V = 20K
Set: 4.51V = 40K

Hi mate,

are these part of the switch? ie if you use a Vy / Vz switch will; it be ok?

thanks
Daniel
vpgts076
Kicking Tyres

Postby VL400 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:12 pm

They should be part of the switch, but cant confirm they are the same between VY and VZ. The values were just what I used modding a VS switch to work with a VY cluster.
VL400
Newbie Modder

Postby vpgts076 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 pm

VL400 wrote:They should be part of the switch, but cant confirm they are the same between VY and VZ. The values were just what I used modding a VS switch to work with a VY cluster.

Thanks Mate,

That's what I want to do....

Did you place them on wire or inside switch?

Thanks
Daniel
vpgts076
Kicking Tyres

Postby VL400 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

This is heading off topic so mods might need to split it (and if they can enable my account to start new threads that would be great :) )

This is the inside of the VS switch...
VL400
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts