Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

PUBLIC: Holden VY/VZ Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby Rerouter » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Here is the dump off of a 2006 VZ Commodore, Single Screen, Manual Vehicle,

LVL1 Standard,

0x03C - 0x03D looks to be speed calibration in imp/km, while the speed displayed looked to be 6120 imp/km, I would not put it past Holden to scale the displayed speed down a little, rather than display the 6232 imp/km i read from the eeprom

for anyone bench testing there cluster, divide the imp/km by 60 and that will be the Hz to drive into the speed input to display 60KMph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rerouter
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:09 pm

If anyone is interested, attached is a dump from another VY cluster. I know just about everything else has already been mentioned - the Eeprom is an Atmel 24c04 I2C eeprom - Nice and easy to read / program. Not sure what car this is from, I just played around with a certain section of the dump, yet to have a car to test it properly in, but will eventually make its way into my VX SS with complete VY dash + trim.

Have fun :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:43 pm

In tonight's fun packed episode - Here is a dump from a VY S2 Berlina L2 3 window cluster. Have fun :)
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby Thathsvkid » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Has anyone worked out the factory shift light hex location? that's these dash people say have?
Thathsvkid
Newbie Modder

Postby gruntly69 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:06 am

I'm pretty sure it was found ages ago, if I hunt through my files I should be able to find info about it.
What's the exact dump you want to use it on?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby Thathsvkid » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:12 pm

a vy clubsport series 2 if that helps my reader isn't working atm :/
Thathsvkid
Newbie Modder

Postby gruntly69 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:16 am

you have low temp & then each gear from 1A8 to 1AD, but without being able to read/write whats the point???
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby oldescratch » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:04 pm

WK dash if any one is still interested...
oldescratch
Newbie Modder

Postby Jymba » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:22 pm

TazzI wrote:Attached are some vy/vz eeprom locations. Airbags, transmittion, ect.

I download the file but can't open, excel say file is corrupted, there another file or way for download ?
Jymba
Newbie Modder

Postby CommodoreNut » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi Guyes,

Does anybody have any bin files to suit a VY Monaro clusters, I think it is a series 2 or 3.
CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts