Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

GM ALDL Logging and Scanning

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby gruntly69 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 am

Yeah If you send F1,57,01,05,B2 you will get the radio code & key code in that info sent back!

In the example you gave above the radio pin should be 3654 = E46 & Key Should be 2986 = BAA
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Always wondered if a stock radio from another car was plugged into a new car.. whether the radio pin automatically updates to the BCM.. would make it easy to obtain its code that way. Never test that though!, Id assume it would update once the correct pin it entered.
TazzI

Postby DSMinVA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:03 am

I am having some difficulty...

I can connect to my VZ cluster on the bench and issue commands via "OSE Enhanced Flash Tool v141" and everything is good. Changes are made, and working properly.

If I put a cluster in the car, and connect to the diag port, I can see the chatter, but I am unable to issue the same commands to the cluster.

Is there another part I am missing here? I was under the impression the seed/key was not needed to change the startup logo, as I have not needed to use that yet with the cluster out of the car.

I recall reading somewhere about a chatter timeout on the bus. Is there a command that must be entered first to silence everything?
DSMinVA
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 am

When communicating in car...there is alot of chatter in there thus makes it hard for OSE tool to pick up responses!.

My suggestion is to do the changes on bench. Then plug into the car.
TazzI

Postby DSMinVA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Thats what I have been doing, but it's not the most practical.
I've tried to disable chatter in OSE but it had no change.

Is the UART line off the cluster tied to a common line in the car, or is the data passing through the BCM?
I tried to unplug the BCM as that is the next easiest thing, and still was unable to write to it.

Also the redline, thats the one that is stumping me right now. I seem to recall that the value is high, and diveded down by 2 or 3.
If 6C,6C,6C,6C,6C,6C = 5500rpm what would 6500rpm equal? Hopefully with that info I can figure out the actual equation on my own ;)
DSMinVA
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:50 pm

So your saying it definitely worked/wrote while outside of the car on the bench?

The clusters comms line is connected to the rest of the cars comm line. Hence why we can access multiple modules via the diagnostic port.

It might not be practical but if your only changing a few things then I wouldn't worry about it.
TazzI

Postby DSMinVA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Well its not practical for everyone else.

And yes it wrote outside the car. I cut up a floppy cable and pinned it to a spare OBD2 connector. ALDL to that.
Are you still using OSE or have you moved on to a different program?

Any direction as to the rpm's ?
DSMinVA
Newbie Modder

Postby SokeCV8 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm

posting for reference. thanks for the details.
2004 Pontiac GTO, m6, forged ls3 418 ci, tuned with HPTuners by me, 547whp/508wtq
SokeCV8
Newbie Modder

Postby ferret82 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 am

hi,

im not sure if this is the right place to post but i am after some help with VY/VZ cluster programming.

i have managed to work out how to chnage the startup logos and shut-down text and even changing the RPM of when the shift light comes on using the following code.

only issue i have is if i swap the startup logo away from HSV the shift light stops working :(

does anyone here know the code i need to make the shift light work for all logos especially the holden one?
ferret82
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 am

ferret82 wrote:hi,

im not sure if this is the right place to post but i am after some help with VY/VZ cluster programming.

i have managed to work out how to chnage the startup logos and shut-down text and even changing the RPM of when the shift light comes on using the following code.

only issue i have is if i swap the startup logo away from HSV the shift light stops working :(

does anyone here know the code i need to make the shift light work for all logos especially the holden one?

Hi Ferret,

To get the redline change working for all logos is alot harder then a simple change of a byte using that frame that I posted a while back. Have to dump the eeprom over comms to obtain the section with the redline info, then write back that section with the updated values.
Although this requires a seed/key operation to unlock the cluster and obtain specific locations within it.

Taz.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts