Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

GM ALDL Logging and Scanning

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby jezzab » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Try this:

Code: Select all
BCM Disable
F1,56,08

BCM Enable
F1,56,09
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 pm

^^ Beat me to the punch line.

You'll need to send it a few times before sending a request to allow for a long enough "quiet" space for you to send frames.

Alternatively you can turn the disable chatter on in the OSE tool
TazzI

Postby ferret82 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:18 am

TazzI wrote:^^ Beat me to the punch line.

You'll need to send it a few times before sending a request to allow for a long enough "quiet" space for you to send frames.

Alternatively you can turn the disable chatter on in the OSE tool

thanks gents, ill go off and see what else i can sniff out of the the next week and see what i find.
ferret82
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Be interesting to start doing some real aldl logging and reverse engineer some of the real goodies from the tech2 such as bcm/pcm relink ect.

Only so much you can learn from logging in car.
TazzI

Postby ferret82 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:17 am

TazzI wrote:
ferret82 wrote:Hi Taz,

i had a feeling that getting the redline change to work for all logos was going to be a bigger job.

i believe i have cracked how to unlock the cluster by sending the seed / key, any chance you could point me in the area where the redline info is and what i would need to change it to? big ask i know, but so far you seam to be the only person i have found that knows a lot about these clusters, and redline working on a holden logo is my ultimate goal.

Generally it is enabled via the eeprom, which I guess is an option if your game to crack it open.
Iv only just recently attempted to start doing eeprom dumps over the comms. I logged the difference when I enabled and disabled the redline a while ago. Cant remember which location it was at. I havent finished decoding each byte or matching next to the eeprom dump either so cant look at my notes for that one.

Will have to get back to you on that one once Iv got the vy/vz eeprom dumper sorted so I can start doing dumps. I have a vt/vx eeprom dumper which works great.. although vy/vz's changed how the "eeprom requests" work and how they respond so its taking a while longer to remove the useless/repeated info.

Just for an idea what I mean.. if i request section 3C.. it may give me: 01,0F,05,01,03,05
Then if I request section 3D... it may give: 0F,05,01,03,05
And 3E would give: 05,01,03,05 ect ect.

Then other times it may give a fairly large response but it wont do the above iteration for the next locations directly after. (bit hard to explain) but pretty much means have to go through each response, 1 by 1, comparing with the eeprom and the responses around it, then determine which ones to ignore/delete.

Looking to eventually have a whole selection of eeprom dumps so different cluster configs ca be written in the one go ;)

I havent actually attempted changing the "redline enable" byte in the table 9 to a different number. eg 0 = off, 1 = on. What if you change to 2,3? Might be a quick solution.

Hi Tazzi,

i have managed to source myself a UK VZ cluster and i have been doing some work on the bench and found that on the VZ cluster if the reline byte to 40 instead of 01 as enabled it works for all logos. i need to go check this on my VY outside but so far the results are good.
ferret82
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 am

Are they running the redline byte as bits?

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ferret82 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 am

jezzab wrote:Are they running the redline byte as bits?

it appears so.
ferret82
Starting Ignition

Postby ferret82 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:05 am

ferret82 wrote:
TazzI wrote:
ferret82 wrote:Hi Taz,

i had a feeling that getting the redline change to work for all logos was going to be a bigger job.

i believe i have cracked how to unlock the cluster by sending the seed / key, any chance you could point me in the area where the redline info is and what i would need to change it to? big ask i know, but so far you seam to be the only person i have found that knows a lot about these clusters, and redline working on a holden logo is my ultimate goal.

Generally it is enabled via the eeprom, which I guess is an option if your game to crack it open.
Iv only just recently attempted to start doing eeprom dumps over the comms. I logged the difference when I enabled and disabled the redline a while ago. Cant remember which location it was at. I havent finished decoding each byte or matching next to the eeprom dump either so cant look at my notes for that one.

Will have to get back to you on that one once Iv got the vy/vz eeprom dumper sorted so I can start doing dumps. I have a vt/vx eeprom dumper which works great.. although vy/vz's changed how the "eeprom requests" work and how they respond so its taking a while longer to remove the useless/repeated info.

Just for an idea what I mean.. if i request section 3C.. it may give me: 01,0F,05,01,03,05
Then if I request section 3D... it may give: 0F,05,01,03,05
And 3E would give: 05,01,03,05 ect ect.

Then other times it may give a fairly large response but it wont do the above iteration for the next locations directly after. (bit hard to explain) but pretty much means have to go through each response, 1 by 1, comparing with the eeprom and the responses around it, then determine which ones to ignore/delete.

Looking to eventually have a whole selection of eeprom dumps so different cluster configs ca be written in the one go ;)

I havent actually attempted changing the "redline enable" byte in the table 9 to a different number. eg 0 = off, 1 = on. What if you change to 2,3? Might be a quick solution.

Hi Tazzi,

i have managed to source myself a UK VZ cluster and i have been doing some work on the bench and found that on the VZ cluster if the redline byte to 40 instead of 01 as enabled it works for all logos. i need to go check this on my VY outside but so far the results are good.

further update to say i have the redline working on all logos in a VY cluster as well by changing the redline byte to 90 not 01 or 40. it appers as if 90 works on VZ clusters as well.
ferret82
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 am

So do the other bits do anything? Does FF do anything (enable all 8 bits)?

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ferret82 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 pm

TazzI wrote:
ferret82 wrote:Hi Tazzi,

i have managed to source myself a UK VZ cluster and i have been doing some work on the bench and found that on the VZ cluster if the redline byte to 40 instead of 01 as enabled it works for all logos. i need to go check this on my VY outside but so far the results are good.

further update to say i have the redline working on all logos in a VY cluster as well by changing the redline byte to 90 not 01 or 40. it appers as if 90 works on VZ clusters as well.

Good to hear that suggestion payed off!. Was hoping that changing the redline byte to something else helped but wasnt sure it would. Wont bother trying to figure it out in the eeprom dump over comms since thats an issue in its self![/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion. As you might have seen over on ls1gto I am in picking other bits in the clusters, if you would like to know the code changes let me know and ill post them here.

I dont suppose you have any info on where the airbag config is within the cluster do you? I think it maybe in table 4... Any pointers would be great.
ferret82
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts