Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby msenj » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm glad someone wants to keep going with this because I'm just about to give up.

All I've been doing in my spare time, which I have a lot of now that I'm unemployed, is sit here, changing addresses, writing to the EEPROM and rebooting the headunit. I'm up to about 20 hours of this and I have gotten exactly nowhere.
Assistant banhammer swinger since 2012...
msenj

Postby MartinM » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:15 pm

we so need an on the fly programmable eeprom emulator to do this...........going to search now :)
MartinM

Postby msenj » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

My "development environment"

msenj

Postby MartinM » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:39 pm

found this one so far

http://esdn.com.au/Products/EEPROM_Emulator.html

That only takes care of 93C series (46 and 56) chips, there must be one out there for 24C series

With these we can watch teh changes in real time and work out what control is changing what byte
MartinM

Postby jezzab » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Tried reading the EEPROM with the unit running?
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby msenj » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:21 pm

jezzab wrote:Tried reading the EEPROM with the unit running?

Yup. That's how I got all the option setting addresses in the Excel spreadsheet map I posted.

I can't do it in the car while it's moving though (I.e for the VIM address/es)
msenj

Postby Rayrayrr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 am

Hey guys just a little update.
I reprogrammed the calais headunit that i bought from ebay and installed it and also soldered the resistors onto the HCM.
All went well. except one thing i did notice.. my auto headlights switch makes the lights stay on even when its light outside... took roughly 15mins to turn off in the morning..
also one more question, will a gscan tool be able to turn my SIC into sports mode?? or will i have to get my hands on a tech2?
ive also herd that the oil pressure appears as nothing on the SIC is this true?

Thanks in advance!!
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby MartinM » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 am

Rayrayrr wrote:Hey guys just a little update.
I reprogrammed the calais headunit that i bought from ebay and installed it and also soldered the resistors onto the HCM.
All went well. except one thing i did notice.. my auto headlights switch makes the lights stay on even when its light outside... took roughly 15mins to turn off in the morning..
also one more question, will a gscan tool be able to turn my SIC into sports mode?? or will i have to get my hands on a tech2?
ive also herd that the oil pressure appears as nothing on the SIC is this true?

Thanks in advance!!

Good work, sounds like you may have an issue with the light sensor in the centre of the dash causing the auto headlamp issue. Do check that you put the resistors across the correct pins, just in case you accidently put one across the dash light sensor wires

Not sure whether a gscan tool has the ability to swap the SIC into sports mode, a tech 2 definitely can and I am working on a "hack" for this at the moment using a Pontiac SIC

There are two sorts of SIC module, one has the older twin Atari style guages and the later ones have 3 gauges (much nicer) The Oil Temperature setting does not get passed to the SIC by default but this can be changed, again by a tech 2 to give a fully functional gauge setup (again this is on my to do list for a hack)

Cheers
MartinM

Postby msenj » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 am

I have started modifying the sensors, in anticipation of doing the conversion this afternoon...

From left to right - 4 Pin sunload sensor, cabin air sensor, ambient temperature sensor.

Because I don't have any of the factory connectors, I'll be adding my own connectors at the sensor and HCM ends, so the sensors still remain plug and play :)
msenj

Postby MartinM » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 am

msenj wrote:I have started modifying the sensors, in anticipation of doing the conversion this afternoon...
Because I don't have any of the factory connectors, I'll be adding my own connectors at the sensor and HCM ends, so the sensors still remain plug and play :)

Thanks, that answers my eralier query on whether the loom was ready for the sensors.......apparently not, what a shame, this also strengthens the rationelle behind the resistor mod as the sensor fit isnt just a straightforward $100 plus plug n play install
MartinM

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts