Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby agent534 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Is this the right doc to use? GMW3110?
https://www.docdroid.net/zTNov8C/gmw3110-2010.pdf.html
agent534
Newbie Modder

Postby torquative » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:56 pm

If anyone still visits here I started the conversion on my 2010 SV6 series 1 only to find the heater box DOESNT have the gear drive for the drivers side flap motor.
It has the mounting points for the motor but where the blue start drive should be is BLANK

I ran out of time setting up the sensors but so far the system works, apart from true dual zone

I guess I am going to have to source an earlier heater box, add the extra motor/actuator then get stuck into complete dashboard removal to replace the heater box.

Be ware if anyone has a later car as I've been caught out.
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Don't need to replace the box. I put one in my Torana. It was single zone and I made it dual zone by cutting flap for dual zone. Drilled the hole for the internal temp tube fitted the 2nd zone motor and fit the new dual zone wiring
doubledip

Postby torquative » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks matey

The problem I'm facing is I can't seem to find the star gear drive for the additional flap motor

Hopefully the below pics make sense.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby torquative » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Sorry the first 2 images are the same and aren't even of the right area

This is a better view of where the star drive is supposed to be ... Mine appears to just be a white blanking plug

Sorry my angle is a bit off its hard to get a decent photo

image.jpeg

Compared to the original photo in the guide

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby torquative » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:44 pm

On second review the photos don't even show the right area

I'll take a better one tomorrow in the light

Either way I still can't locate a big red plug to be removed for the tube nor can I find a blue star drive gear on the drivers side
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:29 pm

torquative wrote:On second review the photos don't even show the right area

I'll take a better one tomorrow in the light

Either way I still can't locate a big red plug to be removed for the tube nor can I find a blue star drive gear on the drivers side

So are you trying to change the hvac because your determined to have a proper dual zone setup? Or just because thats the only method you think works to get a dual zone hvac working? As in, why not stick to the standard dual zone hvac mod instead of undertaken a full hvac box removal and replacement.

Iv never found the whole dual zone climate in one car really useful. At any one point, I cant imagine any passenger to need heat and the other cold. Never had an issue using single zone ;)
TazzI

Postby doubledip » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:30 am

lol Tazzi. You've never met my wife then. Had times when she has had it and 25 or higher cause she is cold and I've had it on C. But any way

The big red Bung you won't find. I don't know how or why it's like that but there is a piece up there that is just flat but if you look at it properly you will see an outline of the shape you need to cut out well that's what I had to do for the internal temp tube. The gear part mine had the star drive shown like the pic. Bit pretty sure wasn't blue though.
doubledip

Postby MartinM » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:17 am

gruntly69 wrote:O.k. so attached is the eeprom read for the 2007 SZ HVAC unit fitted to this car & if anyone can confirm it is a single zone file that would be great as the heater controls still don't work, but it is coming up with passenger compartment temp circuit, outside temp sensor circuit & both left/right solar sensor circuit faults.
So with those faults it leads me to believe it may be a non SZ file on eeprom.

Also don't have radio working but checked eeprom on it & the VIN does match the BCM VIN so not sure why it's not working been told if the fascia has been changed it may need to be married to it, does anyone have a process on doing that as my snap-on scan tool doesn't give me it as an option.

In case it helps, I found the two original SZ and DZ HCM dumps taken from my 2008 SS back in the days when this board was one page long :) attached in a zip file
MartinM

Postby MartinM » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:34 am

And the same dump files for those who require them in binary format (originally extracted using QLProg which only does hex)
MartinM

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts