Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby ZerOne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:10 am

To keep everyone update on the VGA input (Enabling it via the SW GM LAN).
I have had a SW GM LAN adaptor for a couple of weeks now, and have been trying to sniff the LAN to determine what the Sat Nav Gateway does to enable the Input.

I have one problem at the moment, (Which I hope to solve some time this week).
The amount of chatter on the SW LAN causes the buffer on the adapter to fill its buffer, and stop logging.

I have been a bit quiet lately because I am around 80% complete writing some C# software (Which should be able to be run on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux) using GTK.
The aim of this software is to force the adapter to keep logging once the buffer is filled,
and to try and do a simple analysis of the packets, so as we can begin to narrow down what packet is for what.

The software will be open source, so anyone will be able to hack, add, or adapt it to suit their needs.
Once the software is finished, I will post it up, as well as some log files for everyone to have a look at.

I have already worked out that the Sat Nav Gateway responds to a generic, and specific module broadcast request.
(The Sat Nav Gateway does not push its info out, rather it waits for something to request it to send info)..
Its a minor finding, but its a start...
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby jezzab » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:01 am

What cable are you using Matti? I wanna get one myself
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 am

So as I dont hijack this thread, Any of the SW GM Lan stuff that I discover will be posted in this thread,
gm-lan-single-wire-can-bus-sniffing-t13849.html

The Single Wire Adapter that I got was from GTOSoft in the states.
http://www.gtosoft.com/?p=81
The adapter is pretty cheap, the only problem(s) is the shipping, and that they are bluetooth.
Shipping is free in the states, but he only ships in the states, which means you need to use a proxy mail
service to get these to Australia.
(So shipping is around $50Au) :?
The shipping component is fixed (I.E. it will be around $50 for one or half a dozen units),
so you might want to get a group buy thing going to try and reduce the cost of shipping per unit.
I should have some software ready in the next week or so.
(Just touching up the Serial Read Write threading code).
Linux needs a bit of hacking to link the Bluetooth serial devices to a standard Serial device (Like TTYS0).
I have covered that in some thread here somewhere...

The code will be written using MonoDevelop (Free and good C# developer software).
I will be releasing the code as opensource as well to help aid fast progress.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby DavoDavo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:43 pm

msenj wrote:
DavoDavo wrote:pin 2 is listed as (Shield) - does something need to be connected to that? (I wouldn't think so, I don't know why it would need a separate shield). And, the same info says that the factory screen only has one video input. :?

The shielding on the video cable is connected to the stereo to reduce interference from the long cable run. I wouldn't be surprised if they used a shielded twisted pair in the factory video cable(s) rather than a coaxial cable - this will be what I'll be using for all the video cables in my home-made loom.

Thanks for your reply. I'm only using a very short length of two core flex for my video in at the head unit and I have a 2.4GHz wireless setup from the camera to that (couldn't be bothered messing with running a cable from camera to head unit). Works well and I don't get any interference on the picture and as far as I know it doesn't cause any problems with anything in the car - although, maybe that's the cause of the requirement to double press the Aux button to keep camera screen on? (see at the end of my previous post about that).
DavoDavo
Kicking Tyres

Postby DavoDavo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi all,
It's been very quiet for ages, is there some problem with the forum? Or is it that there is no news to post :?:
DavoDavo
Kicking Tyres

Postby msenj » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 pm

DavoDavo wrote:Hi all,
It's been very quiet for ages, is there some problem with the forum? Or is it that there is no news to post :?:

I've had wedding, honeymoon, and other half immediately in hospital afterwards. Haven't been near my car in quite a few weeks, except to drive it. :(
Assistant banhammer swinger since 2012...
msenj

Postby ZerOne » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Oh crap.... I'm very Sorry to hear :(
I hope everything is OK, or at least as OK as they can be considering a Hospital is involved.

Please send our best wishes to your partner.
I think everyone would agree with me in saying this,
if there is anything myself or any of us can do to help, please let us know.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby msenj » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

ZerOne wrote:Oh crap.... I'm very Sorry to hear :(
I hope everything is OK, or at least as OK as they can be considering a Hospital is involved.

Please send our best wishes to your partner.
I think everyone would agree with me in saying this,
if there is anything myself or any of us can do to help, please let us know.

Thanks Matti.

She's out now, and getting back to normal pretty quickly, which is a hell of a relief for me.

Appreciate your offer of help too... I'm just taking each day as it comes at the moment.
Assistant banhammer swinger since 2012...
msenj

Postby MartinM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 pm

hey msenj

good to see you back

congrats on the wedding/honeymoon and glad all is now OK with your missus.

quick question if I may, in one of your posts you mention firing up the HU on the bench.

How did you wire it? as I have tried two and both drop into "Security Lockout--- vehicle data mismatch"

I am using pins 15 and 16 and +12 and GND respectively, they power up but then lock down :(
MartinM

Postby Crackers02 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Was the SZ HCE and DZ HCE identical? Apart from the gender mode and could it be re-flashed as a DZ? I have an omega; and need to know whether I will also need to get a DZ HCE for my SSV HU. Did you also mention if you don't reflash the SZ HCE with a Auto climate control HU that the fan will spool to 100%?.
Crackers02
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts