Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Fitting an aftermarket exhaust to VE Models

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby ZerOne » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 pm

The following forum thread is for discussing the Fitting an after market exhaust document, located in our Documents section.

Please try to keep posts relevant, and on topic.
Also, please refrain from using the P.M. system to message the author or posters of this thread.
The chances are if you have a question regarding this document, then others will have the same question too.
Using the Forum allows anyone and everyone to both ask and answer questions.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:45 am

Howdy,

I thought fitting an aftermarket system to the alloytec's required a change in the PCM calibration to with oxy sensors not working correctly?

Cheers Grant
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby msenj » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:00 pm

gruntly69 wrote:Howdy,

I thought fitting an aftermarket system to the alloytec's required a change in the PCM calibration to with oxy sensors not working correctly?

Cheers Grant

I can't see why, and I haven't had any issues with mine... Provided all 4 sensors are in place, there shouldn't be any issues.

(The exhaust on my LE0 Alloytec is from an E1 series Clubsport though, so it's not entirely aftermarket.)
Assistant banhammer swinger since 2012...
msenj

Postby ZerOne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:50 am

The Xforce 3" fitted in the above doco was fitted to a V8 model.

I originally had one of the post HEGOs running lean, but that was because I was a bit of a dodgy bastard, and had an air leak between the Cat, and the exhuast.

Once I fixed the leak, everything was fine.

Over the radiator cold air intakes (Or any intake that moves the MAF position closer to the throttle body) will trip the check Engine light though. (For both V6 and V8 models).
ZerOne
Site Admin

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts