Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

GM ALDL Logging and Scanning

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby Biggsy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 am

Oic, there is no specific menu on my scantool to request that number but I can key copy and bcm link. I'll log a link and see what it requests.
I've now got a spare bcm to play with too.

Dave.
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby gruntly69 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:21 pm

LEGEND, must just be my machine that asks for security bcm code, strange Jezza mentioned retrieval of it too, but if yours copies keys & links bcm without it even better to get a log of it doing that!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby VYSSUTE » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 pm

have you tried decompiling the program i posted the link for to see if any of the hidden menu's can be unlocked or code retrieved from.
VYSSUTE
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Tried.. the programs that are capable of it.. need to buy them.. not keen on $200+ (trial programs decompile but hide the coding)
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:41 am

There is 4 access levels:

HSV
Engineering 1
Engineering 2
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:35 am

In terms of writing a GUI, I can definitely do this !!!

(I want to complete the GUI I have for the 29Bit Single Wire VE stuff).
I wrote a lot of the 29Bit stuff in MonoDevelop / C# / GTK+, which meant that the software could be run
on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux, and Mac OS-X....
However I hit a wall with the Mono Serial Port stuff (The word flaky describes it best)....
So I am going to write port it over to MS Visual Studio (Native WinForms) C#....
Basically that just means re-designing the GUI elements, and re-writing the widget bindings.....

But the cool thing is once you have something (Serial Port / GUI) working, its easy to port for other uses.
29Bit Can / ALDL / 11Bt Can is all the same, just the syntax of the commands and data sent to the Logger changes....

Than plan with any of the code that I write for here will be released as open source.
That way poeple can play around with the code, and learn / hack/ improve...

Finding time for this though is going to be a bit tough....
We are flat out at work, with everyone wanting stuff one before the end of financial year...
(I have been working 12+ Hour days fro the last week and a half), so Im kinda r@t$h!t at the moment....
Hopefully July everything will ease up, and I will be back to working standard 8 Hours, and have time to play around with code.

Cheers
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:40 am

Sorry Tazzi, just saw your work above !
Depending on the language you are using, I have lots of functions for converting hex to ASCII, ASCII to hex,
strings to byte arrays for serial port writes, and all that boring crap that gets in the way of the fun coding stuff...

The above code I have is for C#, but I can easily convert it to vb. (I actually learnt on vb, and then had to recode a massive vb project to c# / GTK+)...

Let me know if I can help ?????
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Biggsy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:24 am

Jezza,
I saw that too but I thought there was a 5th mode (AAPL), I could be wrong though.

ZerOne,
that sounds awesome!

Dave.
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:40 am

These is a 5 way case statement for the title and blank password goes back to the default. I've made a hex patch that will pop the number into the register its looking for for the case statement but it just changes the Title to what I would be logged in as. Have to back track the assembler a bit

Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Using a VB decompiler, found a line saying "registered to HL/HSV"

Interesting program Jezza, just game that a go.. Breaks it down.. then can run debugger and edit spots.

It calls for msvbvm50.dll a shitload, looked like it was comparing the usernames/passwords ti something in there.. chucked that into ida... came up with 1000's of lines of hex/coding.

Hacking the program is bit over my head!, was hoping for a simple txtUsername = "XXXXX" and txtPassword = "XXXXX" but it just keeps sending to different locations! ahh!

VB decompiler shows the different possible "forms", there is an Odo one and few other ones, wonder why they made different users.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts