Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VY Instrument Cluster into VS Berlina

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VR and VS Series Commodores, and HSV models

Postby satansvs » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Hey Everyone
first post on this site and thought id make it a good one i am in the process of making up a new instrument panel for my vs as i am sick of them and want a different look and something different. what i need to know is if it is even possible i know that providing i get the inputs right it should work. the next problem is i cant get any info on the VY cluster what the voltage table is and the plug pinout and wiring diagram. i would also like to get my hands on the same information for the VS cluster as to do a comparison of the senders inputs to each and if i will need to change anything externally.
as both instruments a from a v6 sedan i know there will be some differences but how much too.

also the second question the VY cluster i have i the Standard Level 1 with the single LCD in the middle is it posible to get this to work with the original trip computer system in the VS

any help of ideas will be great.
thanks
satansvs
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Sounds like a cool project!
But, your going to have to develop a "middle man" module to communicate between your car and the cluster. To interpret pulses, readings and even general communication to display on the dash when needed! As the cluster will fire off srs,abs and engine warnings if it doesnt see the modules in the communication chatter.
TazzI

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts