Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VY/VZ Headunit Mod for Aux Input

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby TazzI » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm

silversv6 wrote:Hi Tazzi, just a quick question since your the VY/VZ headunit guru! My sons VY berlina 6 stacker keeps coming up with a "MECH" error, when you try to load the discs. Any common problems with them or is it knackered? thanks & cheers

Very common issue. The actual 6cd stacker gets stuck, or a cd gets stuck, or the little mechanical arm gets caught on hair,threads/shit that builds up over the years.

Only way to fix it is to pull the bugger apart and see if anything obvious is causing grief. Best way to diagnose is take it apart so you can see the internal mechanisms then power it on, and slot the CD in to see what happens from there.

Alot of the 6stackers Iv picked up have had a stuck disc near the bottom of the stack which has probably been there for some time. Once removed, its all sweet again.
TazzI

Postby silversv6 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks Tazzi, The car has been sitting for about 5 months & worked perfectly prior. Hopefully it's just a bit sticky. I am 650k's away from him & he only knows how to drive the car & not repair it !! Looks like he'll be listening to the radio till christmas time...lol. Thanks again, cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby TazzI » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:20 pm

silversv6 wrote:Thanks Tazzi, The car has been sitting for about 5 months & worked perfectly prior. Hopefully it's just a bit sticky. I am 650k's away from him & he only knows how to drive the car & not repair it !! Looks like he'll be listening to the radio till christmas time...lol. Thanks again, cheers

No worries, if he was over in WA, might of been able to help out. When you eventually get your hands on it, let me know and I can help where possible.
TazzI

Postby silversv6 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Awesome Tazzi, Thanks. I'll be ok when I get my hands on it. A few of you guys are awesome on here...cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby atreidae » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:08 pm

So yeah, I've been dead for quite some time as I've been working on other things, having a mental breakdown last year and just all the other bits and bobs.

I'm taking delivery of a MY10 VE SV6 tomorrow and seems most of the modding is going to require me getting some decent logic level tools (EEPROM Flashers etc) so I may just get back into this soon. Who knows.

Tazzl did you get anywhere with the buspirate?
atreidae
Kicking Tyres

Postby CommodoreNut » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:14 pm

TazzI wrote:Yeah I exhausted all my options and cant seem to gt any further.

Bit banging hey... hmmm. Might be a good plan. I have no idea how to bigbang data across though.. may need to read up a bit more.
Although, does this mean we need to wait for the CS to go high/low? Or should we manually pull it high, bitbang then bring low as per usual? Or just try bitbang and see what happens? lol.

Vlad said "The LCD interface looks like SPI but it is not. It is a proprietary interface that needs further reverse engineering to get it working.'

Which I find a bit weird since Nem managed to get it working over SPI.. well I think?

Hi Tazzi

here is a pic of Vlads interface if you wanted to see it

CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:20 pm

CommodoreNut wrote:Hi Tazzi

here is a pic of Vlads interface if you wanted to see it

Thanks for that! :)

I ended up dropping that project as it was literally just absorbing all my free time.

Im pretty sure the connection was SPI in the end, I just couldnt monitor enough data in one hit with the bus pirate.
Theres a tonne of better analyzers out there now anyways which would be the go if anyone was to continue with it.
TazzI

Postby CommodoreNut » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:25 pm

ive got one of those bus pirate here, i could never get it working.

whats better out there atm???
CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 pm

CommodoreNut wrote:ive got one of those bus pirate here, i could never get it working.

whats better out there atm???

Yeah, tonnes of better options these days.

Good one is the DS logic: https://www.seeedstudio.com/DSLogic-Pro-p-2423.html
TazzI

Postby CommodoreNut » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanx Tazzy,

I'll take a look into that one
CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts