Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Hacking VE Colour LCD HVAC and Radio

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby msenj » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 am

Just bought a Calais Nav stereo from eBay, along with a Berlina cluster for my Omega.

The fun starts when they arrive. I'm looking to order a programmer next.

Will the KEEProg one that Zer0ne recommends for the cluster also work with the infotainment unit?

It says in the specs it supports "24C00" but doesn't specify the 24C16 specifically.

Other than that, I was considering the Willem CQ-3X from MCUMall. I take it the 3M/Pomona SOIC test clips also support SOP as well?
Assistant banhammer swinger since 2012...
msenj

Postby jezzab » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 am

Fascia is 24C02 chip
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Unfortunately, the Keyprog programmer doesnt work with the 24C02 and the 24C16 Chips..
(I think its a software limitation, not hardware, as the software that comes with the keeprog EEPROMer is, well crap !!!)...

msenj wrote:Just bought a Calais Nav stereo from eBay, along with a Berlina cluster for my Omega.

The fun starts when they arrive. I'm looking to order a programmer next.

Will the KEEProg one that Zer0ne recommends for the cluster also work with the infotainment unit?

It says in the specs it supports "24C00" but doesn't specify the 24C16 specifically.

Other than that, I was considering the Willem CQ-3X from MCUMall. I take it the 3M/Pomona SOIC test clips also support SOP as well?
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby jezzab » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 pm

It's easier just to program the main radio to match the fascia (it's only 2 bytes). The fascia draws toomuch power from surrounding chips by the looks and can only read in place. Unless you applied voltage to the fascia then it SHOULD work for writing

Putting a SSV etc full radio in an SS you will have to hack or tech2 the SIC. Plus check the pin outs because I've been told putting a newer radio in can blow the fuse

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:36 pm

I am thinking that the software versions are affecting quite a few things as well....
The Pontiac and Vauxhall startup screens arent available with SW 4.2 (Main Unit)..
Setting the Hex value for these results in no staartup screen being displayed...

I havent had a chance to play with SW 5.5 yet.... (I am going to strip down my HSV deck which is SW 5.5 and test some more things)..

The HSV startup text will not display on my Calais Main Unit.
I cannot be sure if this is a software version issue (as only late E1 and E2 HSV models had the startup text / build number displayed),
or if the Startup screens can be reflashed with the software.
(I heard from a member of Delcohacking that HSV had a bit of software that would create an image with the desired text, which could be merged with the software for flashing)....

I cannot confirm or deny any of this, however there is nothing obvious or simple that I can see in the HSV EEPROM that would suggest the text is stored in there....

Jezzab, what software versions are the Units that you are plaing with ????
(My Calais is a late 2006 model, which is well before the G8 and VXR8 were released) ?????
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby jezzab » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:15 pm

MY9.5 SSV, MY08 G8 and MY09 G8. Maybe the earlier versions they did remap the memory. I mean it's all still there and the same it's just an all different locations. The MY08 onwards seems to be a bit more chronological with the memory locations

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby ZerOne » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 am

We now have a dedicated VE Radio and HVAC EEPROM programming document, located in our Documents section.

This document is a breakdown and summary of the several pages of posts on this subject, in one easy to read document (hopefully).

Because we now have a document on the subject, (forming a baseline for everything that we currently know about modifying the Radio/HVAC EEPROM), I have created a new Thread in our Technical documents section.

To avoid confusion with multiple threads, this thread has now been closed.
If you wish to ask questions, or contribute, please use the following thread.

VE Radio and HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

Cheers, and happy hacking !
ZerOne
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts