Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

MyIQ Mirror Link to Iphone?

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby radarlaserau » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Seen this clip on Youtube, with a Iphone mirrored onto stock MyIQ radio.
Anyone know what equipment was used and what pins of the MyIQ it was connected to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmzMkSZTRTY\

Thanks
radarlaserau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 am

Its going through the RSE (Rear seat entertainment). You will need to look up a device that would transmit the iphone screen to the RSE input.

Heres some random info I pulled off the web, seems applicable:
rse/DVD input enable on the iq unit enables the aux video input (composite video) which is used by the roof mounted DVD player in CalaisV, statesman and caprice models.
You can get a cable that plugs in to the side of the IQ unit, which allows you to connect a composite video source (such as a camera, DVD player, laptop with composite video, etc)

As for streaming wirelessly. Hmm....when looking at the video at 4:34, he scrolls up on the iphone and lets you see his current connections.. looks like he has something selected on the airplay. He said at the beginning he was not using an apple tv to stream.. but Im not so sure,
He has bluetooth enabled..and wireless. So the device he is using either outputs its own wireless signal to connect to, or he is connected via bluetooth. And from what I can make out, the airplay device says link? or something like.

Probably a hacked up airport express which could be used.
TazzI

Postby winmilla » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Have a look here

http://kivic-one.com
winmilla
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 pm

winmilla wrote:Have a look here

http://kivic-one.com

Ouch.. $200.. but I guess thats a plug in type solution.

The options from what Iv found are:
-Apple TV (~$100)
-Apple mac mini ($600+)
-Raspari PI (~$35)
-Car PC (Can be hundreds and hundreds)
-Wired connection (Cheap, easy, simple)

And now also the kivic (~$200).
TazzI

Postby radarlaserau » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:25 am

TazzI wrote:Its going through the RSE (Rear seat entertainment). You will need to look up a device that would transmit the iphone screen to the RSE input.

Heres some random info I pulled off the web, seems applicable:
rse/DVD input enable on the iq unit enables the aux video input (composite video) which is used by the roof mounted DVD player in CalaisV, statesman and caprice models.
You can get a cable that plugs in to the side of the IQ unit, which allows you to connect a composite video source (such as a camera, DVD player, laptop with composite video, etc)

As for streaming wirelessly. Hmm....when looking at the video at 4:34, he scrolls up on the iphone and lets you see his current connections.. looks like he has something selected on the airplay. He said at the beginning he was not using an apple tv to stream.. but Im not so sure,
He has bluetooth enabled..and wireless. So the device he is using either outputs its own wireless signal to connect to, or he is connected via bluetooth. And from what I can make out, the airplay device says link? or something like.

Probably a hacked up airport express which could be used.

Something like this could be super handy with a Raspberry PI & USB touch overlay to go over screen, essentially car PC

I can see the required video input on the X5 connector for component, just where would the audio be plugged to?
Would AUX audio come through while video is being transmitted via RSE.
radarlaserau
Starting Ignition

Postby Tjgriff83 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:31 pm

I have a series 2 VE Calais V with RSE enabled although i do not have a DVD player.
is the 8 pin connector next to the drivers side dash speaker the one for the RSE installation?
If so does anyone know what Pin is what?
I am trying to install a mirabox so i can airplay google maps form my iphone as well as movies etc.
I know pins 1 and 2 in the video connector on the side of the iq unit are the ones to use although i would rather not butcher the wiring here.
Tjgriff83
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts