Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

series 2 reverse camera

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby wiplashclubby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:36 am

Hey guys I've finished installing my iq into the series 1 sedan I've wired up the DVD and auto sense usb plug but I'm having troubles with the series 2 boot harness to wire up the camera I bought a genuine camera and it has 6 wires 2x black, 1x pink, 1x pink with blue trace, 1x blue, 1x green it's all genuine but trying figure out what wires are what is doing my head in I've read a few topics in here but each one is different when it comes to wiring it up any help would be appreciated cheers
wiplashclubby
Kicking Tyres

Postby silversv6 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 pm

This is the wiring from a SII sportwagon.

BLACK TAILGATE CONNECTOR WIRES:
GREEN: To the camera power lead (+ red) This is the reverse switch to power the camera on when reverse is selected.
BLACK: the black above the green is the camera ground (-black)
PINK: is the core video wire (inside wire) from the camera rca cable.
BLUE: is the outside (bare wire) from the camera rca cable.
THATS IT ALL DONE. Make sure your camera has been enabled (tech 2) and is also turned on via the IQ screen. Turn the ignition on, select reverse and it will come on the screen. Your reverse sensors will still beep once the handbrake is off.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby wiplashclubby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:00 pm

1415091157724.jpg
I went to the wreckers today and cut off the plug off the main harness that the boot harness connects to and you can see the wires the pink, blue and the black wire that is bared were in a sheath so that's why I'm confused in regards to what wires
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wiplashclubby
Kicking Tyres

Postby boxy8701 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm about to Do the same to my clubby, I got the IQ unit with the reverse camera from a Wrecked GTS. I too had been searching to figure out where all the wires from the camera go, I ended up buying the Gregory's manual from supercheap. I've attached the relevant wiring diagrams. It says the Pink and Blue go to the Sound System and refers to another wiring diagram, but I cant seem to find the continuity on the mentioned diagram.
Hope these are of use to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boxy8701
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:36 am

The pink is the camera (RCA) centre wire & the blue is the camera outside wire. You need the video connector for the IQ as well. easy to run a single RCA cable from the unit to the camera. The green, just splice it into your reverse lights & the black just goes to an earth. I am not sure if the S1 have the reverse switching module already installed. The S1 may not have the harness readily available, especially if it does not have the reverse module. You may have to press the AUX button for the camera I think. If you can get your hands on a S1 w/diagram compare them to find what you are missing. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby wiplashclubby » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Hey I accidently posted it in the other reverse camera topic the finished loom and photos thanks guys appreciate the help
wiplashclubby
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts