Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Vanity lights

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Yergin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Firstly i'll apoligise as i don't think that this site is the appropriate place but i cannot get an answer elsewhere (i will gladly remove thread if i get my answer or if no one knows)

Does anyone know how to remove the lights that are in the sunvizors on the VE/WM range next to the vanity mirrors?.

The booklet says to take it to Holden but i can't see why i should pay so much for changing globes.

I can supply a photo when i get home from work if you don't know what i'm refering to.

Thanks in advance.
Yergin
Starting Ignition

Postby Morris70 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Looks like the whole sunshade is a sealed assy, with the globes non removable
This is from the WM service manual:

•The vanity mirror lamp is not a serviceable item.
•If the vanity mirror lamp requires replacement it must be replaced as an assembly. Refer to Sunshade Replacement

Same with the mirror:

•The vanity mirror is not a serviceable item.
•If the vanity mirror requires replacement it must be replaced as an assembly. Refer to Sunshade Replacement.

The globes themselves might be a common type, but you will have to see if there's a way to cut the visor open without damaging the covering too much.
The other option is to buy a new vizor, at whatever cost that is !
Morris70
Contributor

Postby Yergin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm

I spoke with the service department, the last time they didn't want to help me out at all!!..

But i acted like i had a blown globe and the manual said to call them etc etc, and i was told to speak to spare parts and get a new vizor!!!!!...

Disposable society we live in, might look into if i can get into one and try to replace with LED globes as they should last longer than a standard bulb!.
Possibly go for a scrap yard vizor and then if i break it i won't care so much :)

thanks for that info mate, can't believe that it would be like that!! :shock:
Yergin
Starting Ignition

Postby SINSTR6 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:51 pm

I had a Ve SV6 wagon a few years back and did a complete black roof lining conversion using parts out of a ve clubsport! Both visors had blown globes and was able to pull apart the visors and replaced with white led's. It's not hard but can't remember the exact procedure as it's been nearly 4 years!
SINSTR6
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:46 pm

A 4 pound hammer normally works on these! My mate had a heart attack when holden told him they were unfixable & $300+ for his Calais V.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby silversv6 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:16 am

Yes they can be replaced. The plastic section that has the mirror on it only has tags holding it in, on the right. left & bottom. Slide it to one side firmly & carefully lever it out with a trim removal tool. (or with a screwdriver) If yu don't know, yu phone a friend!! Cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts