Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Automatic windows

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby velj » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi guys
After seeing all my mates cars and mums ford mondeo
I was thinking can we somehow make the windows open from the key remote?
My mums car can open the windows if u hold down the unlock button they go all the way down,
Just wondering if that can be done in a holden ve?

Cheer
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:17 pm

It is possible, but its something that will require wiring in some modules and or relays.
(Its not something that can be programmed in).

On the VE models, the windows have their own controllers (Mounted in the doors) for the Auto Up and Down function.

Sooooo to get the windows to automatically close when the doors are locked (For example),
you would need connect the window close lines from the back of the swtich for a second or so, as as the auto close function on the window controllers will kick in, and close the window(s).

This would be likewise for a Window Open function.
You would also need to take the door lock / unlock trigger from either the BCM to trigger those relays, or sniff the SW Can for a remote Lock / Unlock packet to trigger these relays.

(For models such as the Mondeo, or VAG (Volkswagon Audi) the window up and down function is controlled by the BCM (They call it a Body Electronics Module), so this is a function that can be programmed / enabled for those models. (Such as MKIV Golfs, Jettas, A3, A4, etc)...
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby SteveG8 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Thats a shame - had a car that did that too which was a nice feature on warm days
SteveG8

Postby velj » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Dam that sucks
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Take your pick, remote windows or a VE!! and ZerOne don't mention mondeo on this site. We don't want any FRORDS on here. lol
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby velj » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm

found out this is possible BWMS sell a kit around 150 i think
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am

Yeh I heard of these kits a few years back. I am pretty sure they are just a control module, similar to ones you use for aftermarket central locking/electric aerial, & get a trigger from the indicators. Some fancy wiring to a relay gives it power when the ignition is off but not when the ignition is +. Maybe just a negative triggered relay. Just roughly what I remember. I'm sure if one of you smart alics thought about it, you could do one easily. If you do, TELL ME. have fun! cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby velj » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

once i get some more cash behind me il buy one and pull it apart lol, il write up a diy thingy,
apprentice wages are the worst lol cant by anything :( money goes straight to fuel
velj
Starting Ignition

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts