Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

EEPROM Programmer

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby dipz93 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi All, I have a 07 Holden VE Omega and have just bought a Premium Color LCD Headunit and Matching Dual Zone HVAC Unit. Just wondering If I am able to borrow anyones EEPROM Programmer? I'm located in melbourne and would be good to pick it up. I'm willing to pay otherwise if anyone knows someone that can program the unit for me, again I'm willing to pay. Thanks
dipz93
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Dipz93, and welcome to the forums :)

It might be a bit hard to borrow an EEPROM programmer (and 3M clip) from the usual regulars here, as most of us use them fairly often,
and they are the type of thing that when you do need to use them, you kinda need to use them immediately.

(I tried helping someone out a while ago by sending one of my cheapy EEPROM programmer up to him, and I didnt see it for three months).
Not saying that this could be the case here, its just that it may be hard to find someone that doesn't use their programmer anymore and are willing to loan it out for an unknown period of time.

You might be better off buying a cheapy programmer.
The postage sending one interstate, and then sending it back can almost cover buying a cheapy one outright.
(There is still the cost of the 3M clip though).

The other alternative is paying and sending the main unit (and DZ HIM Module) to DoubleDip for programming and modification.
The cost of a cheapy programmer and the 3M clip will set you back just over $100, so if its the sort of thing that you just want your head unit programmed, and then be done with it,
then it may be better just to send it away for programming and have the DZ modified as well so its a plug and play solution for you when you get it back.
DoubleDip can also enable the more sought after options which can cost over $400 for someone like :roll: JHP :roll: to enable, if you know what I mean.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby dipz93 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:18 pm

Thanks ZerOne. I know what you mean, and that is a very valid point. I was looking at a cheap EEPROM Programmer but seems you cant buy them in Australia but from the US or UK which is annoying. I'm only ever going to use it as a one off, if DoubleDip price is good he can program the Radio unit for me. The HIM is already a dual zone and is easy enough to fit resistors as shown in the guide.

Thanks
dipz93
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts