Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Instrument Cluster Swap

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby silversv6 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm

If you have USB stick with an old version of the software you wont even need to VCI it :p[/quote]

I asked holden today & they have the software on the usb stick that the tech flashed it with yesterday. My System: D112 (AHU4R) omega system D305 (AHU1B)
Do you know what the VuC software is for? (my guess, Ventilation unit Control?) By the look of it he only flashed the system software & not the RADIO, FACIA & VUC (possible?) as it is the same as the update version. My VuC is D113 (ahu4) & the 2/2011 omega which fades out perfectly is D305 (ahu1). Any ideas? thanks & cheers.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:47 pm

The VUC and the system software are flashed at the same time mate. The VUC is flashed via OBDII and then the OS is loaded from the USB stick. You cant just flash the VUC or it will get stuck and waiting for the USB stick to be inserted
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks jazzeb. What is the VuC?
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm

I dont know what it actually stands for. My understanding (based on looking at the code in the files) is its the main chip on the motherboard of the IQ. It runs the GMLAN stuff, communications to the other modules (cluster, HVAC, etc), output to DIC/IPC. The stuff on the USB stick is the other chip on another board that runs all of the operating system, GUI, interactions and things like that.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Cool, I've got a feeling the bluetooth module info didn't flash back to original. Maybe it's in the VuC as well. Like I said the VuC is the same version as the updated version, only the "system" changed.
The next idea would be that the holden engineer sent the old syst version programmed with the update VuC version. Just to make sure that my Iphone that I don't have works with the blue tooth. lol. My old nokia worked a dream before. I am going to get to the bottom of this for all who is suffering such pain!! Hold-on just called & told me the tech (Justin) is trying to sort it out with the program engineer (i think it's Andrew) cause He noticed that his didn't fade out either last night. BIG LOL Oh, & you guy's are awesome! Cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Fekason » Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Good afternoon,

I have previously changed to Calais clusters on a VS II, VY II and VE II. I am now looking at changing the cluster on my 2013 MY12.5 SV6 Z.

The vehicle is booked for its 3K service next Monday, and I am hoping to resolve the issue by then.

The current cluster is 9245 6705 SW 04.10.rel.

The only Calais cluster that I have been able to get at a reasonable price is 9225 7387, SW 01.13. Other numbers on the label are A2C53301534, 156297 (sequential serial number I think), manufactured 02/12/10 12:02 , 2729, HW 17, EE 10 and KI 40. The cluster has not yet been installed in a vehicle.

My local Holden foreman is looking into it, but showing less confidence that last time. Does anyone see any issues involved in changing the cluster, i.e. will it work, will it need a software update, etc.

Thanks & regards,

Norm
Fekason
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

I would fit it before you take it to holden BUT do not drive it if it has 0 k's on it. Turn ignition on & just check that it works. Check if the lights all come up & go out (no errors) & all the options are available. I had to enable "Distance to arrival" on the trip computer to get the options to show up. Just keep that in mind. I just set it to 0 k's & it works fine.
Mine needed no programming at all. If it works & is brand new (0k's) then pull it out & put the old one back in until you get to holden, leaving as much trim off so it's quicker for holden. If it works & is already used (10k's +) then try driving it. good luck
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby silversv6 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm

jezzab wrote:I dont know what it actually stands for. My understanding (based on looking at the code in the files) is its the main chip on the motherboard of the IQ. It runs the GMLAN stuff, communications to the other modules (cluster, HVAC, etc), output to DIC/IPC. The stuff on the USB stick is the other chip on another board that runs all of the operating system, GUI, interactions and things like that.

Hey jezzab-doubledip. Saying a omega IQ was flashed with the D112 (AHU4R sv6) software like mine, It should give you the sound quality that I have if the speakers are all the same. Anyone tried it?
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby Fekason » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 pm

My cluster was successfully installed yesterday, though it was not straight forward. Info gained on here helped, and a stirling job by the foreman at my local dealer.

The Dec 2010 manufactured Calais cluster was initially rejected for my 2013 MY12.5 SV6. The foreman decided to try to update the software, but the internet connection rejected the upgrade as it checked the entire car electronic modules first and determined the upgrade to a Calais cluster was not allowed.

He next decided to put a laptop between the internet and car so that the source could not interrograte the vehicle. He was required to then enter the VIN manually (a VIN borrowed from a Calais listed for sale on Cars Guide worked), and was then able to upgrade the software.

After that, he programmed the cluster with the Tech2 scanner rather than the faster internet option as the scanner does not check the electronics other than those being programmed.

I am now happy.

Next issue will be the VF, which I expect to get in just under two years time. Noting that the VF is a completely new electrics/electronics system, that should be interesting.
Fekason
Newbie Modder

Postby doubledip » Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 pm

The way he went about it was not needed. Could still have used the faster option etc ... I don't think the Holden techs fully understand what happens when they run through the program

Anyway. Glad he got it sorted there was no reason it wouldn't have worked
doubledip

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts