Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Instrument Cluster Swap

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby silversv6 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Hey guy's, took my my car back to holden today to have the screen changed back to blue & they couldn't do it! THEY did it the FIRST time! They said they couldn't change it without reflashing it (clever fellows). That is why Justin (holden tech) left him the the usb (original software) so they could do it. I don't think he understood how Justin told him to do it, as all they wanted to do was get home for dinner as it was nearly 7.00pm that night when they reflashed it. From what I can gather he plugged into the gm network & not his laptop. Pretty pissed after 4 months & they still can't get it right. Front speaker still don't fade out either. What a joke!! The only smart one's are on here, not at your local holden text book dealer. Any thing that's not in that book is too f&$%#@*g hard for them. I have been told by about 5 people in the last 2 weeks not to go to this dealer for any technical issues..........now I see why! By the way, the clock was 30 minutes behind exactly when I got the car back, yet all other settings were back to default. I truley think they have lost or wiped that usb stick.
Cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Thu May 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Your asking a dealer to do something that they were not trained to do and not what is in any process manual.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby silversv6 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeh, I can't believe how scary it is to try something new! Trial & eror If I had the gear i'd be hooking into it all day....& night.
When I put the v6 t700 into my vk I spent hours tracing wires & doing homework. I cut the vp speedo & tacho into the vk cluster. The cluster is now all hard wired. I done it all myself & has been working perfectly now for 13 years. All works perfectly, speedo, gauges, tacho, cruise con, tc lock, air con, thermo etc. Has all the vk calais interior now, central lock, p/wind, p/mirr.
When I built the new motor (2004) I bought a programmer, uv light & got hold of tuner pro rt & and after about 30-40 chips it kicks ass. I bought an emulator but the son of a bit only worked twice then fell a sleep..permantly. Might buy another one day & play in my spare time.lol
You don't try, you don't learn, you don't succeed!
silversv6
Major Contributor

Previous

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts