Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

Climate Control Issue?

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby redhotsv6 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Climate control randomly switches between external temp and climate control settings (several times / hour). Then one afternoon when increasing heater temp, alternator light came on, auto lamps off (despite lights being turned to on - not auto) but I lost headlights, traction control fault' all flashed up. Had alternator replaced. Intermittent climate control still happening and heater is warm in the morning, not in the afternoon. Then when turning car on fan went straight to 20 and I couldn't turn it down. Turned car off, twice, eventually after constant pressing on fan switch it resolved. I think I have some sort of issue with heating system and also climate control display (is this possible). Anyone know what could be the cause, or have a good sparky I can contact? Have a new battery/alternator so not the issue.
redhotsv6
Newbie Modder

Postby BruceMP » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:44 am

So the vent selector thing isnt working? You could pop off the climate control panel and see if the cable fell off.
BruceMP
Newbie Modder

Postby AbsossyHor » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:18 am

I find myself and other passengers in my car hitting the symbols instead of the correct touch targets, I agree.

The climate control looked cool when I bought it, but I cant say its my favorite feature of the car

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
AbsossyHor
Newbie Modder

Postby DuardyHooda » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:18 am

Seems to me the touch screen for the climate control could be simplified.

Like the control for directing which vents blow. Why not shuffle thru the options where the current indicator is instead of having a separate icon for the control? Same with the fan speed. Why not control the fan speed where the speed is indicated?

Maybe Im missing something, but when I first got the car my impulse was to go to the icons that indicated the current mode to make adjustments.
DuardyHooda
Newbie Modder

Postby EddieSSkash » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 am

Has anyone ever swapped the regular climate control unit to the digital display one?

If so was it just a plug and play thing?
EddieSSkash
Starting Ignition

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts