Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

New auto fitted and now no cruise control

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby carnut427 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 am

Hi,
New do to this site and it has been very helpful sofar
I have a problem with a 2009 ve sportwagon auto cruise no longer going active since the trans was replaced with a rebuilt unit
I don't know if it is the original trans or an exchanged unit but since the swap it has never worked
The trans rebuilder that did the job said it has nothing to do with them but is this just coincidence or is the auto part of the cruise control system?
The car was taken to a local mechanic that checked the vehicle for codes and found none. The cruise control inputs can be seen on the scan tool bcm data for set and resume but won't go active it just says "invalid"
The bpp switch has been checked and relearned and even replaced as with the indicator stalk just because something needed to be changed in an attempt to fault find but to no avail but at least these have been eliminated as culprits
The speed sensor info off the scan tool looks to be accurate and the car was hoisted and checked over to see if any pin so the trans plug might have been damaged when the trans was removed and replaced
All brake bulbs are working and are the correct type too
The conclusion seems to be maybe the bcm is at fault but I can't get past that it was fine until the auto trans was replaced
Is it a case of getting the bcm reset using tech2 or some similar procedure? Or do I need to get an new bcm?
Any help greatly appreciated as I can drive the car and it runs great and has no check engine light or anything non functional except the cruise with turns on but won't go active so it's not a nice car to drive on the mainly long hauls it does without cruise
Thanks for the help in advance
carnut427
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:02 pm

I think if you have ESP (stability control) & it is turned off, the cruise won't work. I have a series 2 sv6 sw so I will check tomorrow for you. I know for a fact if stability control becomes active it cancels the CC. Also i think there are two brake light switches (under dash), so check they are operating properly or the cruise will not activate if faulty...make sure your brake lights are not staying on....cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby bar891 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 pm

It needs the trans computer reflashed with Tech2!
That will fix the problem
bar891
Newbie Modder

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts