Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

GM ALDL Logging and Scanning

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby Biggsy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:24 am

Gruntly, I made a double adapter up for the obd plug so my laptop can stay connected to scan tool without car being connected. I have to start with scan tool connected (to the car) because it looks for the module first, but when I send a command, I unplug from car just before. The scantool tells me its not connected, but not before it sends the command.

Maybe your scantool requests module presance each time u command the module?
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Biggsy, I might give it a try as I have made the same adaptor, but I'll need to make up a wire to keep earth & power to obd adaptor!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby Biggsy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:14 am

No probs!
Mine is self powered so I don't have that problem.
I have done it without a car at all by manually typing the module response when scantool calls for it.

Dave.
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Ok your a lot more switched on with it than I as I wouldn't even know what the response would be!

I've just tried a bit of security stuff on my 2003 VY but first hurdle I had was the BCM security info on my card was wrong so it wouldn't give me access to anything!!
So I then tried a bcm I had lying around to read off EEPROM for security code, it wouldn't give me any correct info with reading chip while on pcb so I desoldered & got good data so then found what looks to be 6 digit security code!
So then thought I can pull my bcm out & read it, as soon as I got it out I saw a nice sticker with new security code & put it back in & tried getting code key & more info, but my scan tool just then sits saying checking security code, at least it's not saying wrong security code!!!

But anyway that's as far as I got so far, if anyone can get a command to retrieve security code from bcm would be a lot easier, the full EEPROM read actually had very little info on it but it was only a 92084-603 low!

Cheers Grant
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Biggsy, b.t.w. although a nice GUI would be nice if someone can do it, I could just make an adx for tunerpro if there's enough commands to add & enough support & requests to do it!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby Biggsy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Grant, what's this "security code" you are talking about? I don't know what it is, can u explain so I can help?

I'm not any more switched on, just logging a whole heap and learning from that.

I didn't think of using Tunerpro adx! Look who's more switched on now lol!

Dedicated program woul be nice.

Dave
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:08 pm

This is true, But it'd be nice to make a dedicated program for it.

Heres the beginnings of mine.. have ALOT of work to do.. add pages, options,preferences ects, and a shit load of commands. But will get there...
Looks basic and nothing facy, first time Iv dealt with serial ports so been a fair bit of learning in respect to them.. seems like when you want to send Hex.. itll send ASCII, and vise versa.. As seen in the Received box. But I do have it sending correctly as seen in the serial monitor on the right.
TazzI

Postby Biggsy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Awesome Tazzi! Love your work.

Wish I knew how to make software :(
Is there a program that helps you make a program (if u can make sense of what I mean)

Dave.
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Visual Basic is pretty easy to learn, just need some spare time to practice and go through youtube tutorials or online exercises which help be creative and learn the various functions.
TazzI

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Nice work Tazz, yeah as I said too a dedicated GUI would be awesome but way over my head but love your work!

Biggsy the bcm security code is what you need to write a new key or link PCM with bcm especially in vy onwards cars, the bcm's come with a sticker with security code on them when bought new from GM!

Your scan tool should have it!
gruntly69
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts