Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby doubledip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

any files???
doubledip

Postby AndreasB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Yep sure do, the file "level 1 ssv.bin" is the one I took from the original dash in my ute. The file "level 2 berlina.bin" is the one I took from the cluster I'm trying to fit.

I've tried editing the berlina dump to match my vin and odo and flashed it into the berlina cluster which worked (triple lcd's worked etc), but it faults during the system check with abs/tcs.

I also tried putting the ssv dump straight into the berlina cluster which worked, but only as a single lcd setup, it also faulted during system check with abs/tcs.

Finally I also tried flashing an edited HSV dump with my vin and odo into the cluster (which I downloaded from this thread) hoping that the analogue speedo would read a full 280km/h. The berlina fascia only goes to 260km/h so I wanted it to read correctly. I'm sure the digital reading in the center lcd would be correct with either dump. It also worked as a triple lcd setup but also faults with abs/tcs. I'm still running this setup in my ute atm and everything (apart from the abs/tcs faults) works perfectly.

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

what are you car specs?

engine, gearbox etc...

and same for the new cluster?
doubledip

Postby AndreasB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 pm

I was just about to mention that :)

My ute is a 2008 SSV, V8 6 litre, manual gearbox but I'm not sure what the Berlina cluster was out of sorry, was an ebay jobbie with not much of a description...
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 pm

ok so it will be a v6 auto no worries
doubledip

Postby AndreasB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Ahh yes now that you mention it, when I flashed the straight Berlina dump with my vin/odo mods into the Berlina cluster, it did come up with the auto gearbox indicator at the bottom of the center lcd so you are right.
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby AndreasB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Btw, if I can make this triple lcd cluster work in my ute, I can send you my old SSV cluster to play with if you are interested. I wont have any use for it and I'd be more than happy to post it to you free of charge :) Gives me a chance to give something back for the help!
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby AndreasB » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Okay so I've made some progress with the cluster. After lots of trial and error, I've managed to get the triple LCD's working! I dont know exactly which memory location enables it, but I've narrowed it down. After modifying the following locations the triple LCD's fired up with no ABS/TCS errors:

067, 06B, 06C, 06D, 06F
071, 073, 075, 077, 078, 079, 07E, 07F
11B
137, 138, 139, 13A, 13B

I copied the data from these locations from a HSV dump I have and its working.

I dont have the dual A and B trip computer functions though (only have one) so that must be located somewhere else. I'll tackle that later as my dash has been apart for ages and its nice to have it back together for a while.

I can upload my 2008 SSV with HSV dash cluster dump if anyone wants.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers Andreas
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:51 pm

That would be cool if you could. Sorry didn't look onto it further. Been away for the last 3 weeks and have been flat out prior to that finishing jobs off do haven't had a chance to look into it
doubledip

Postby ZerOne » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:40 pm

AndreasB wrote:I copied the data from these locations from a HSV dump I have and its working.

I dont have the dual A and B trip computer functions though (only have one) so that must be located somewhere else. I'll tackle that later as my dash has been apart for ages and its nice to have it back together for a while.

Cheers Andreas

Congrats on getting it working.
Form memory, the Trip A and Trip B functions can be enabled / disabled via the Customize menu.
(You know the menu you get to when you press the Trip Button a couple of times).

Once you have the Triple LCD screen working, then I think thats it, those functions are made available to you.

Did you manage to sort out the T/C and other errors ?
ZerOne
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts